Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome

This blog shares words, numbers, growth, inspiration, art, life, and then some.

I have started a process of completing incompletes, finishing old unfinished business.

The practice involves going thru the many stacks of my old writing journals , napkins and bundles of scraps of paper. There are approximately 24 in number. I work for at least 1 hour per week. Extract the good or rather fairly good stuff and burn the rest.

My intentions are:
To purge all the paper, To clear space for more creativity to come into my life, To find any lost poems that still speak truth, To learn from the past, To cut the cords that draw my energy away, To collect ideas for future short stories, characters, and dialogue, and To improve my writing thru understanding & unlearning my bad habits

2 months into it I have already learned a lot about myself that i had forgotten. How heart broken, lost, lonely, and misunderstood i was in high school and college. This pain was so much a part of my identity back then and i still seen this pattern lurking in the background, sneaking up and biting me in the ass.

Tonight I found probably my first journal, circa 1993: High school senior year...

Good to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment